Founded in 2002 by Acoustics Professor Xavier Menial, Active Audio designs and manufactures columns loudspeakers that increase the intelligibility of voice in difficult acoustics places. In 2016, Active Audio increases its range with APG, a French company well known since 1984 for its sound reinforcement systems equipment dedicated to concerts and events.
In 2020 APG and ACTIVE AUDIO merge together under the name ARBANE GROUPE: the French manufacturer with the widest sound reinforcement systems offer. Distributed in more than 30 countries, ARBANE GROUPE products and technologies offer high end solutions wherever an increasement of sound level or intelligibility is needed.Context
Arbane provides full electro acoustic systems for sound reinforcement and public address solutions, including speakers, signal processors, amplifiers, and acoustic studies services. To support the product roadmap, Arbane is currently hiring a senior developer for the next generation of pro audio systems. Inside the R&D department, you are dedicated to the development of acoustic simulation software and audio processors tuning applications. You will work in close collaboration with the acoustic / research and marketing teams in a human-size company on state-of-the-art technologies to implement audio control applications with strong perceived quality and focused on user experience.
The company is located near Nantes, but the job is also open to remote work with regular visits on site.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, integrate, optimize and debug acoustic and audio control software
- UI design:
o Competitive intelligence to maintain the UI design at the level of the most recent trends.
o Design UI mockups from proof of concepts for new applications
o Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
o Design and maintain the graphical libraries according to the marketing charts
- Software specifications and architecture
o define the whole architecture of the software
o document the architecture
o Porting of Matlab / Python models in reference code format.
o Design and implement common library of reusable/configurable components to facilitate development and maintenance of Front-End solutions
- Software Development and processes
o Setup the software factory and all necessary DevOps processes
o Implement the software UI, communication processes, according to the specifications.
o Write clean well thought out code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability, while also mentoring others to do the same.
o Test, debug and optimize the software in collaboration with the embedded software developers.
o Porting and maintaining the software on different platforms (Windows / Mac / mobile devices…)
o Documentation of the software and tutorialsMinimum Qualifications:
- You have a BSc / BEng or higher in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineering etc). Alternatively, you have directly relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years as a senior developer / software architect
- Relevant experience with audio or acoustic applications
- Experienced with UI/UX design including graphical development
- Proficiency with DevOps system: Git / Bitbucket Pipelines, Jira
- Proficiency using the following languages:
- Experienced with communication protocol with embedded system
o RS232Preferred Qualifications:
- Project management / agile framework
- Experience with Matlab, Python, Max/MSP, JUCE
- Knowledges in audio processing or acoustics
- Musician / Audio enthusiastProfile
- Motivated by audio products, willingness to learn
- Solution driven
- Reactive & flexible
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
Arbane is composed of passionate people with a strong team cohesion. We are focused on the well being of our employees and maintaining a stimulating and pleasant work atmosphere.